Water Quality Study: Study on utilization of water sources and level of bacteriological and chemical contamination levels in major water sources in Sheohar district of Bihar- Water For People (WfP) and One Drop, Canada
Water For People (India) and ONE DROP (International Non-Profit Canada Based Organization) have joined forces together in Project Sheohar, an initiative aimed at driving lasting solutions to widespread problem of water access across the Sheohar district. This is done through ONE DROP’s distinctive “ABC” approach which enriches and accelerates the Everyone Forever (“EF”) approach to Water For People’s long-standing WASH program in India. In order to facilitate their program planning, TRIOs undertook;
- Mapping of water sources to understand and analyse bacteriological and chemical contamination levels in major water points/ sources in the Sheohar district, to draw a possible mitigation plan for ensuring provision of safe water to the communities.
- Conducting baseline KAP study to understand Knowledge, Attitude and Practice (KAP) of the communities in relation to their preference for accessing water which would help in developing an intervention strategy whereby addressing the issues around demand and use of safe water in Sheohar.
TRIOs services would include;
- Designing the study (establishing study design, methods, sampling and field plan)
- Finalization of overall execution approach for the baseline line evaluation, in consultation with WFP
- Develop, pretesting and finalization of study instruments, CAPI programming of instruments using CSPRo developing data transfer protocols.
- Hiring, training and deployment of field team for bacteriological and chemical Water testing
- Quantitative and Qualitative data collection
- Quality assurance and real-time monitoring and reporting through Whatsapp
- Plotting of key indicators on the digital maps/ GIS Maps
- Documentation and report writing. So that it can feed the implementation strategy for achieving the goals. Document would also serve as a benchmark for measuring the impact of the project interventions
Besides, this study would also help the policy makers and program managers in the state of Bihar for designing and implementing safe drinking water programs in the state.