Market Survey for Livelihood opportunities, market assessment and value chain analysis for the Youth & Others in Kalahandi, Malkangiri and Nuapada districts of Odisha- ChildFund International, India
TRIOs undertook a market assessment and value chain analysis for various enterprises to determine the livelihood opportunities for the youth.
Key processes formulated were:
- 783 Household surveys done in 3 districts – Kalahandi, Malkangiri and Nuapada.
- 783 youth – girls and boys surveyed in addition to HH survey
- Focus Group Discussion (FGDs) and In-depth Interviews (IDIs) conducted with key stakeholders.
- Market Assessments and Value-Chain analysis undertaken
- Conducted quantitative and qualitative data collection and a quantitative survey and qualitative data collection in 3 districts of Orissa,
The Baseline assessed their skills and aspirations and helped frame intervention strategies for the 3 districts. Value chain for agriculture, NTFP was undertaken to examine how much value could be retained at community level and enabling livelihood for youth.